Norma's Sirloin Steak with Merlot-Balsomic Reduction
1/2 cmerlot red wine
1 Tbspbalsomic vinegar
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1/2 tspground black pepper
1(1 pound) boneless sirloin steak (1/2 inch thick), trimmed
1 Tbspcanola oil
1/2 cfinely chopped shallots ( about 3 medium )
How to Make Norma's Sirloin Steak with Merlot-Balsomic Reduction
- Combine first five ingredients in a large heavy duty zip top plastic bag.
- Add steak to bag and seal. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes, turning frequently.
- Spray a large notstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat.
- Remove steak from bag, reserving marinade. Add steak to pan and cook three minutes on each side.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook an additional three minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove steak from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Add oil to pan. Add shallots and cook two minutes or until shallots begin to brown, stirring frequently.
- Using a wooden spoon; stir in remaining marinade, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil and boil for 1 - 2 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices and place steak on a serving platter along with the accumulated juices and spoon sauce over steak. Serve hot with your favorite side dishes.