No Guilt Stroganoff
Lean and Mean Stroganoff Recipe and is dedicated to my brother-in-law, Jack, who recently lost over 100#
I made it for his birthday knowing that Beef Stroganoff is one of his favorite dishes.
It was a big hit with everyone!
So try it and enjoy...without guilt!!
1 lbbeef round steak, cut into 1/2
2 cfresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cdry sherry
1 pkglow sodium beef boullion granules
8 ozplain lowfat yogurt
1 Tbspall purpose flour
2 cdry protein enriched whole wheat, ribbon noodles
·fat free sourcream
·chopped chives or snipped fresh parsley for garnish
How to Make No Guilt Stroganoff
- Partiall freeze steak ( if not using precut beef for stroganoff)
- Thinly slice across the grain into bite size, 1/2" wide strips
- In skilet, brown meat, half at a time, in hot pan sprayed with canola cooking spray
- Remove meat from skillet
- Ad sliced mushrooms to skillet; cook for 2-3 mins, until tender
- Remove from pan
- Add sherry to hot pan to deglaze, then add water and bouillon granules; bring to a boil and continue cooking, uncovered , untill liquid is reduced to about 1/3.
- Combine yogurt, flour, salt and pepper and mix well
- Stir yogurt mixture into the liquid in the skillet; add meat and mushrooms
- Simmer over low heat until thickened and heated through. DO NOT BOIL. IT WILL CAUSE SAUCE TO BREAK!
- Serve over cooked al dente noodles
- Garnish with dollup of fat free sour cream and chives or parsley