No Guilt Stroganoff
Lean and Mean Stroganoff Recipe and is dedicated to my brother-in-law, Jack, who recently lost over 100#
I made it for his birthday knowing that Beef Stroganoff is one of his favorite dishes.
It was a big hit with everyone!
So try it and enjoy...without guilt!!
- 1 lb
- beef round steak, cut into 1/2
- 2 c
- fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c
- dry sherry
- 1/2 c
- 1 pkg
- low sodium beef boullion granules
- 8 oz
- plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 dash(es)
- 2 c
- dry protein enriched whole wheat, ribbon noodles
- fat free sourcream
- chopped chives or snipped fresh parsley for garnish
How to Make No Guilt Stroganoff
- 1Partiall freeze steak ( if not using precut beef for stroganoff)
- 2Thinly slice across the grain into bite size, 1/2" wide strips
- 3In skilet, brown meat, half at a time, in hot pan sprayed with canola cooking spray
- 4Remove meat from skillet
- 5Ad sliced mushrooms to skillet; cook for 2-3 mins, until tender
- 6Remove from pan
- 7Add sherry to hot pan to deglaze, then add water and bouillon granules; bring to a boil and continue cooking, uncovered , untill liquid is reduced to about 1/3.
- 8Combine yogurt, flour, salt and pepper and mix well
- 9Stir yogurt mixture into the liquid in the skillet; add meat and mushrooms
- 10Simmer over low heat until thickened and heated through. DO NOT BOIL. IT WILL CAUSE SAUCE TO BREAK!
- 11Serve over cooked al dente noodles
- 12Garnish with dollup of fat free sour cream and chives or parsley