New York Strip Loin Roast By Freda
This is the Best roast You'll want for Any Holiday.
This will be our Mothers day dinner later in the day. since I have to Work, But I am getting Prepared early. Meat is rubbed with spices and sitting Patiently in the refer for Baking. This Roast is Perfectly Meaty and serves about 10-12 slices easily.
Makes for Wonderful Leftovers for Frech Dips or Hot Roast Beef Sands, etc. if you can manage to have left overs. . .
Your Sure to Enjoy this treat of a roast for Mom's day. . .or Dad's day coming up soon.
Photo From the web, Mine is not this Pink in the center.
Prep time includes the Rub mariating time.
This roast can be Prepared ahead of time. Marinates inthe Spice Rub. for a Minimum of 3 hrs.
Best Over Night or Day ahead.
Cooking time depends on your desired Doneness.
Please: I advse, Use Your Meat Thermometer to Check your doneness.
- 4-5 lb boneless beef loin new york strip
- 4 cloves
- garlic (fresh if possible)
- sage leaves ( fresh is possible)
- thyme leaves ( fresh is possible)
- 4 tsp
- olive oil ( or veg oil)
- 4 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- coarse ground pepper ( fresh makes a real difference)
NEW YORK STRIP ROAST BY FREDA
How to Make New York Strip Loin Roast By Freda
- 1Mash finely the Garlic ( I use Processor)
Thyme, oil salt and Pepper.
Blend Well to form a paste
- 2Pat Roast Dry with paper Towels.
Rb Meat all over with this Paste.
Cover and Let Chill 3 hrs or Over Night is Best.
- 3Preheat Oven @ 450 degrees.
Place Meat Fat Side Up on rack in your roasting pan.
Roat in Preheated Oven about 25 Minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- 4Continue Roasting meat till your Meat Thermometer inserted into the thickest part of this roast, reaches your Desired Doneness.
130 degrees for MED-RARE About 35 minutes.
140 for MEDIUM, @ about 40 Minutes
REMOVE from OVEN;
Cover with Foil Tent to Keep Warm.
Let Stand for about 20 Minutes before Cutting.
Cut Crosswise about 1/3 " thick Slices, arrange Slices on a Platter to serve.
- 5Serve with Baked, Mashed or Herb Buttered Boiled Potatoes, and Your favorite Vegie and Salad, For the Best Full coarse Meal of Your Life.
Enoy this Special Meal for a Special Occasion.
We Like Lots of Pepper, and Garlic.
So I use More on my Roasts than I have Listed.
If Your spices & Pepper is Good and Fresh you will use Less than you would normally.
I use Extra Pepper and garlic on Mine. We like the Bolder Flavors.
Just our Personal Preferences.
Can be Made from the Juices in the Pan if You Like.