Nana's Lasagna..with my twist
- 2 boxes lasagna noodles, cooked al dente and drained and seperated
- your favorite red sauce (if i am making it last minute i use hunts spaghetti sauces mixed together..2 cans of each garlic and onion, garlic and herb, sausage, garlic and basil,four cheese)
- 1-32oz container of ricotta cheese and 1/2 of another
- 2 blocks of muenster cheese
- 3-16 oz bags of shredded whole milk mozzerella
- parmesian and romano cheeses grated
- 1-2 eggs
- salt pepper and oregano
- 3 lbs ground beef, chuck or sirloin
- salt pepper garlic powder minced onion cumin all seasoning and badia complete seasoning
How to Make Nana's Lasagna..with my twist
- 1Put ground meat in a large fry pan on medium heat and season with all ingredients except oregano. Include just a dash of cumin and some parmesian and romano cheeses. Cook till browned thru and add seasoning to taste.
- 2In a bowl place ricotta and egg, sprinkle with salt pepper and oregano. In seperate bowl shred muenster cheese.
- 3In large roasting pan add a few ladles of sauce, then layer lasagna noodles one over lapping the other a bit until bottom is covered.
- 4Top this with a thin layer of sauce,sprinkle with ground meat mixture, add ricotta cheese by teaspoonfuls about an inch apart from each other, now add a layer of shredded mozzerella and a layer of shredded muenster.Now sprinkle with romano and parmesian, top with a drizzling of sauce over entire layer.
- 5Repeat with another layer of noodles, meat and cheeses as before. continue to top of pan ending with a layer of noodles followed sauce and then grated cheeses (top layer wont have ricotta or meat)
- 6Like I said my pan is huge and I get five layers. You will have to experiment with a smaller pan and may quite possibly get to lasagnas : ) But hey its freezable.
- 7Cover with tented tinfoil and place on a baking sheet to catch sauce and cheese that spills over, place in preheated oven (350 degrees) I usually bake mine for about an hour (Bake till sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted)
- 8Serve with my watercress salad and some garlic bread. and enjoy!!