Nana's Lasagna..with my twist
·2 boxes lasagna noodles, cooked al dente and drained and seperated
·your favorite red sauce (if i am making it last minute i use hunts spaghetti sauces mixed together..2 cans of each garlic and onion, garlic and herb, sausage, garlic and basil,four cheese)
·1-32oz container of ricotta cheese and 1/2 of another
·2 blocks of muenster cheese
·3-16 oz bags of shredded whole milk mozzerella
·parmesian and romano cheeses grated
·salt pepper and oregano
·3 lbs ground beef, chuck or sirloin
·salt pepper garlic powder minced onion cumin all seasoning and badia complete seasoning
How to Make Nana's Lasagna..with my twist
- Put ground meat in a large fry pan on medium heat and season with all ingredients except oregano. Include just a dash of cumin and some parmesian and romano cheeses. Cook till browned thru and add seasoning to taste.
- In a bowl place ricotta and egg, sprinkle with salt pepper and oregano. In seperate bowl shred muenster cheese.
- In large roasting pan add a few ladles of sauce, then layer lasagna noodles one over lapping the other a bit until bottom is covered.
- Top this with a thin layer of sauce,sprinkle with ground meat mixture, add ricotta cheese by teaspoonfuls about an inch apart from each other, now add a layer of shredded mozzerella and a layer of shredded muenster.Now sprinkle with romano and parmesian, top with a drizzling of sauce over entire layer.
- Repeat with another layer of noodles, meat and cheeses as before. continue to top of pan ending with a layer of noodles followed sauce and then grated cheeses (top layer wont have ricotta or meat)
- Like I said my pan is huge and I get five layers. You will have to experiment with a smaller pan and may quite possibly get to lasagnas : ) But hey its freezable.
- Cover with tented tinfoil and place on a baking sheet to catch sauce and cheese that spills over, place in preheated oven (350 degrees) I usually bake mine for about an hour (Bake till sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted)
- Serve with my watercress salad and some garlic bread. and enjoy!!