MY PHILLY SANDWICH
- 1/2 lb
- left over chuck roast or deli beef - can use more
- hamburger buns - buttered
- 8 oz
- philly cream cheese - softened
- 1 medium
- yellow sweet onion - sliced thin - divided into rings
- 4 oz
- can of stem & pieces mushrooms (drained)
- 4 slice
- swiss cheese
How to Make MY PHILLY SANDWICH
- 1Barely warm (20 seconds in microwave) the left over roast beef, which makes separating the beef easy, place evenly on the bun bottoms.
- 2On the bun tops spread the softened cream cheese (don't be chintzy), you don't have to use the whole 8 oz's. Add some of the ringed onions, then the mushrooms. Top with the swiss cheese. Heat in the microwave on Hi, just till the swiss cheese starts to melt, about 20 - 30 seconds.
- 3Carefully fold the two halves together and enjoy.
I eat them with the bottom of the sandwich up as the top is thicker and helps to hold it all together better.
If you like green peppers add them in place of the onions.
You can use any kind/size of buns you like, just adjust the ingredients accordingly.