My Cabbage Rolls
1 lbground beef
1 largeonion, chopped
several dash(es)freshly grated nutmeg
·salt and pepper
1 ccooked white rice
1 smallhead green cabbage
2 can(s)tomato soup
How to Make My Cabbage Rolls
- Gently pull apart the cabbage leaves, place on a cookie sheet, and place into the freezer. Freezing and defrosting will soften them and allow you to roll them up. Pulling them apart first lets them freeze quicker, if you have plenty of time you can pop the whole head of cabbage in the freeze.
- When you're ready to cook, take the cabbage out of the freezer to thaw. If you are in a rush, pop them into a big bowl of water to defrost.
- Pour both cans of tomato soup into a wide bottom stove top pan. Stir in water and a couple of dashes of nutmeg and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Mix together ground beef, onion, egg, rice, salt & pepper, & another dash of nutmeg.
- Place a generous spoonful onto thawed cabbage leaves and roll up. Continue until all of the meat mixture is used up.
- Place rolls into the the tomato soup mixture, spooning sauce over each.
- Cover and simmer for an hour.