Mom's Swiss Steak
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbbeef round steak
1 1/2 cflour
1 can(s)tomatoes, canned whole/cut
2 can(s)mushrooms, canned
1 Tbspgarlic salt
1/2 tspblack pepper
How to Make Mom's Swiss Steak
- fry bacon and onion together in electric skillet. Cook until onion is done. Remove bacon and onion and set aside.
- Cut round steak into 4 sections. Set aside
- Put flour and garlic salt, pepper into bag and shake until well blended.
- Add steak sections to flour mixture. Shake until well coated. Place into the bacon dripping and lightly brown. Remove from skillet.
- Add the bacon and onions back to skillet and turn to simmer. Add the meat. Pour can of whole tomatoes over the meat. Simmer for about 1 1/2 hour.