Middle Eastern Kibbeh
1 lbground high quality beef with all the fat trimmed off
1 ccracked wheat (soaked in water)
1 tspallspice, ground
1 1/2 tspdried mint leaves
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Middle Eastern Kibbeh
- Soak 1/2 cup of fine cracked wheat in a bowl of water which covers the wheat for 30 to 45 minutes. Take swollen wheat by the handfuls and squeeze out excess water and place on paper towel lined tray. Set aside
- Place ground beef (purchased eye of the round or similar roast with all fat cut off and ground twice. Ask the butcher to do this for you) in a bowl.
- Puree 1 medium onion in food processor. Add to beef. Add allspice, cinnamon, ground mint leaves and salt and pepper to taste. Add cracked wheat that has been set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together with hands adding a few ice cubes to keep the meat red.
- Place on round dish and flatten like the shape of a pizza. Serve with drizzled olive oil (optional) and Arabic bread (pita bread).
- This can be eaten this way for the first day only. The following day you must cook it or you can cook it just if you prefer. To cook make into patties and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Serve on pita bread or any roll you like.