Middle Eastern Kibbeh
When I was growing up my mom made Lebanese food but I never watched how she made it. After she passed away I wished that I had. I had nothing to go on but the taste and I finally got it right. This is a wonderful Arabic dish that can be served raw or cooked.
- 1 lb
- ground high quality beef with all the fat trimmed off
- 1 medium
- 1 c
- cracked wheat (soaked in water)
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- allspice, ground
- 1 1/2 tsp
- dried mint leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Middle Eastern Kibbeh
- 1Soak 1/2 cup of fine cracked wheat in a bowl of water which covers the wheat for 30 to 45 minutes. Take swollen wheat by the handfuls and squeeze out excess water and place on paper towel lined tray. Set aside
- 2Place ground beef (purchased eye of the round or similar roast with all fat cut off and ground twice. Ask the butcher to do this for you) in a bowl.
- 3Puree 1 medium onion in food processor. Add to beef. Add allspice, cinnamon, ground mint leaves and salt and pepper to taste. Add cracked wheat that has been set aside.
- 4Mix all ingredients together with hands adding a few ice cubes to keep the meat red.
- 5Place on round dish and flatten like the shape of a pizza. Serve with drizzled olive oil (optional) and Arabic bread (pita bread).
- 6This can be eaten this way for the first day only. The following day you must cook it or you can cook it just if you prefer. To cook make into patties and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Serve on pita bread or any roll you like.
About Middle Eastern Kibbeh
You May Also Like:
Show 4 Comments & Reviews