Microwaved Cooked Rib Eye Steak
Rose Mary Mogan
The steaks were tender & juicy & cooked just right. My microwave is a GE Profile Advantium Microwave & can double as a regular oven also. It makes perfect steaks every time, I have used it quite a few times before, also have made cookies & biscuits in it sometimes on the Oven Bake mode.
Since the steaks turned out so perfect for us, I thought I would show how great they looked.
- 2 lb
- rib eye steaks bone in, (1 pound each- 1 inch thick)
- 1 Tbsp
- steak seasoning (or use seasoning of your choice)
- 1 Tbsp
- granulated garlic powder
- non stick cooking spray or olive oil
How to Make Microwaved Cooked Rib Eye Steak
- 1The time to cook these steaks to a medium rare is 17 minutes, but I rounded it up to the next higher time in the above time. The settings are automatically built into the memory of the microwave, so you just select the time and size of the steak you are cooking, it doesn't get much more simple than that. You can also add additional time if you prefer it less than this. It cooks both the upper and bottom of the steak at the same times and tells you when to flip on the display panel. It comes out very moist, tender and juicy. Add a couple of sides and you have a great dinner in no time.
- 2Spray or brush both sides of steak with cooking spray or olive oil, then season both steaks on each side with about half of seasoning for each steak.Allow seasoning to penetrate steak, and it comes to room temperature before placing in microwave.
- 4Press the speedcook menu, then turn the dial to FOOD MENU, AND SELECT THE MEAT YOU ARE COOKING, THEN CHOOSE THE THICKNESS OF THE CUT OF MEAT. Then press the enter button, and the steak begins to cook for the preprogrammed time needed for the steak. The lower element cooks at HIGH, & the upper element cooks at MEDIUM. IT DISPLAYS WHEN TO FLIP THE STEAKS over.
- 5Continue to cook till desired doneness is reached. Remove from microwave, allow to rest for about 5 minutes, then serve with your favorite side items. As a change from Baked potatoes we had Country Fried potatoes with Red & Jalapeno Peppers without the heat of course along with Boiled Corn and Sweet & Sour Cole Slaw.