Meatball Sub Casserole
all the rich flavor of the popular sandwiches with none of the mess.
Italian bread is spread with a cream cheese mixture, then topped with meatballs, spaghetti sauce and cheese.
Served with a green salad, it's a hearty meal the whole family enjoys. Mine goes crazy over it.
- 1/3 c
- chopped green onion
- 1/4 c
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 lb
- loaf italian bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 pkg
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 c
- (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 jar(s)
- (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 c
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
How to Make Meatball Sub Casserole
- 1In a bowl, combine the onions, crumbs and Parmesan cheese.Add beef and mix well.
Shape into 1-in. balls; place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink. (Or fry in a pan like I do.)
- 2Meanwhile, arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish (all of the bread might not be used). (I use a 9x12 pan)
- 3Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning and pepper; spread over the bread.
Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
Combine the sauce, water and garlic; add meatballs.
Pour over cheese mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- 4Bake, uncovered, at 350degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.