1 lbground beef
1/3 crice, uncooked
1onion, finely sliced
1egg, well beaten
1 ctomato soup
1juice from 1 lemon
1 tspparsley, minced
1/2 ccelery, chopped
·salt and pepper
How to Make Cabbage Rolls (Old German Recipe)
- Season the hamburger well with salt, pepper and add the egg.
- Mix well.
- Mix in rice.
- To make sauce, melt the butter and add the tomato soup and an equal amount of water and add to onion.
- Add the parsley, celery, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Wash the cabbage leaves and boil until tender.
- Put 2 tablespoons of meat mixture in each leaf and roll tightly.
- Secure each roll with a toothpick.
- Place in a saucepan and pour sauce over rolls.
- Cover pan tightly and cook slowly for 3 hours.
- Serve very hot.