Margaret's Roast & Noodles
2 Tbspvegetable oil
3-4 lbboneless chuck roast
1 largeonion, sliced thin in half circles
64 ozbeef broth
·salt/pepper to taste
2 call purpose flour
·pasta maker or rolling pin and sharp knife
How to Make Margaret's Roast & Noodles
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium to high heat.
- Pat dry and salt/pepper roast. Place in pan to sear ~ at least five minutes on each side to create a crust.
- After roast is seared on all sides place sliced onions on bottom of, sprinkle with salt and place roast on top of onions.
- Run the fourth of the dough through the pasta maker on setting #1. Then fold into thirds and flour again, turn dough 90 degrees and put through past maker again on setting #1. Repeat this process again at least one more time, the dough should become smooth.
- Hang cut pasta on pasta stand or I used to use plastic clothes hanger, they work perfectly.
- Raise heat to high to medium heat and add other box of beef broth. This should be about halfway to 3/4 up the side of the pot. Bring to a boil.
- Using kitchen shears to cut noodles into about 1 1/2 inch length and drop into boiling broth. Continue until all noodles have been cut and in the broth. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Allow noodles to cook about 15-20 minutes. Check amount of liquid while cooking and add more if necessary to keep noodles from sticking.
- If you don't have a pasta maker, do the same steps with the dough using a rolling pin and turning until the dough becomes smooth. Then roll out to desired thickness, using sharp knife to cut dough into width and length of noodles. Don't do this cutting until you are ready to drop them into the broth.
- Slice roast and enjoy with your homemade noodles.