Mama's Tasty Meatloaf w/"Red Gravy"
With any left over meatloaf I make a meatloaf parmigiana sandwich. That is, if there is any left over.
I decided to take note of my recipe when preparing it a couple days ago. The kids insist on having the recipe. So here it is.
- 3 lb
- ground round
- 1 lb
- bulk turkey sausage, mild
- 1 c
- gluten free whole grain oats, (pulse in blender until texture of bread crumbs)
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c
- bread crumbs, ( i use my homemade gluten free. you can use regular)
- 2 large
- eggs, beat
- 2 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 c
- ketchup, plus some for top of meatloaf
- sea salt to taste
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1-28 oz
- can tomato sauce (my grandmother always made hers with tomato soup, delicious!)
- 1 1/2 c
TOMATO GRAVY (RED GRAVY)
How to Make Mama's Tasty Meatloaf w/"Red Gravy"
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, add ground round and mild Italian turkey sausage, mix together well.
- 3Combine oats, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper together.
Add to meat mixture and mix well until all is blended evenly.
- 4Add minced garlic, ketchup, and beaten eggs to meat mixture. mix well. Form meat into an oblong loaf and place in a casserole dish.
- 6Bake covered in preheated oven at 375 degrees F for one hour.
Remove cover and finish baking for 30-45 minutes or until loaf is cooked all the way through.