Mama's Tasty Meatloaf w/"Red Gravy"
With any left over meatloaf I make a meatloaf parmigiana sandwich. That is, if there is any left over.
I decided to take note of my recipe when preparing it a couple days ago. The kids insist on having the recipe. So here it is.
- 3 lb
- ground round
- 1 lb
- bulk turkey sausage, mild
- 1 c
- gluten free whole grain oats, (pulse in blender until texture of bread crumbs)
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c
- bread crumbs, ( i use my homemade gluten free. you can use regular)
- 2 large
- eggs, beat
- 2 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 c
- ketchup, plus some for top of meatloaf
- sea salt to taste
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1-28 oz
- can tomato sauce (my grandmother always made hers with tomato soup, delicious!)
- 1 1/2 c
TOMATO GRAVY (RED GRAVY)
In a large bowl, add ground round and mild Italian turkey sausage, mix together well.
Add to meat mixture and mix well until all is blended evenly.
Remove cover and finish baking for 30-45 minutes or until loaf is cooked all the way through.