Mama and Daddy's Steak and Potaoes
My father Charles Sullivan was a bigger than life, kind of John Wayne type of guy... my mother once told him that he should pick up steaks, and get hot dogs for the kids... He said, "My kids eat what I eat! It will be steaks for everyone or no one!"
The kids always eat what the grown ups eat to this day!
My grandchildren love this rule and never feel left out...
Play With Your Food! ox
18 small(2 - 3 inch) red potatoes (as uniform is size as possible)
5 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
2 tspsea salt
1 tspwhite or black pepper (ground)
1 tspgarlic powder
61 - 1/2 to 2-1/2 inch thick) beef tenderloins or filet minon
·white or black ground pepper
·finely minced parsley
How to Make Mama and Daddy's Steak and Potaoes
- 400 degree oven.
- Boil potatoes for about 10 minutes. Remove from water. Until they "dry off" a bit.
- Oil the baking sheet and the potatoes. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
Put in oven and bake for 10minutes. Remove from oven, Press down on each potato with a spatula to "smash" them or flatten them a bit, don't over do.
- Turn the potatoes over. Season. and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, prepare green beans or asparagus as you normally would.
I like to put a little balsamic reduction on mine sometimes . Or salt, pepper and butter.
- Cook the steaks in an all metal large skillet for best results.
Oil or spray the pan with oil, get pan hot, Place steaks in pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook without turning for 4 minutes.
Turn steaks over and cook for 4 minutes. This is for a rare or med rare steak, cook an additional minute on each side until it is how you like it.
Sprinkle with a dash of garlic powder and then with some minced parsley. Leave it sit about 4 minutes before serving.
- *** This can be made on the grill too.