Maid Rite (loose meat burger) Copy Cat Recipe
- 4 Tbsp
- dried chopped onions
- 6 Tbsp
- 2 lb
- lean ground chuck
- 2 c
- chicken broth (i use swanson's)
- 1/2 tsp
- salt (less if broth is salted)
- 1/2 tsp
- hamburger buns/hot dog buns for children (less messy)
- mustard, to taste
- chopped fresh onion
- envelope of dry onion soup mix
How to Make Maid Rite (loose meat burger) Copy Cat Recipe
- 1Soak the dried onions in the water.
- 2Crumble ground beef into a hot skillet and cook over medium high heat with 1/2 of your fresh chopped onion.
- 3When the soaked onions have begun to soften and expand, add it and any remaining water (if any) to the beef.
- 4Stir frequently as the meat browns, using a wooden spoon to break the meat into small crumbles.
- 5When the meat has browned, drain off fat add the chicken broth, small squirt of mustard, salt and pepper and dry onion soup mix
- 6Cook until liquid is ALMOST gone, about 10 minutes
- 7Serve meat on buns with mustard, fresh chopped onions, mustard and dill pickle.