Maid Rite (loose meat burger) Copy Cat Recipe
4 Tbspdried chopped onions
2 lblean ground chuck
2 cchicken broth (i use swanson's)
1/2 tspsalt (less if broth is salted)
·hamburger buns/hot dog buns for children (less messy)
·mustard, to taste
2chopped fresh onion
1envelope of dry onion soup mix
How to Make Maid Rite (loose meat burger) Copy Cat Recipe
- Soak the dried onions in the water.
- Crumble ground beef into a hot skillet and cook over medium high heat with 1/2 of your fresh chopped onion.
- When the soaked onions have begun to soften and expand, add it and any remaining water (if any) to the beef.
- Stir frequently as the meat browns, using a wooden spoon to break the meat into small crumbles.
- When the meat has browned, drain off fat add the chicken broth, small squirt of mustard, salt and pepper and dry onion soup mix
- Cook until liquid is ALMOST gone, about 10 minutes
- Serve meat on buns with mustard, fresh chopped onions, mustard and dill pickle.