Its a family favorite and especially is to my youngest son.
In Hawaii the sides for it would be poi and poki but since we moved to WA state I can't run to the store and buy a sack of poi.
So instead hubby makes Poki and I serve rice with it for him and make a pan of cornbread for me.. I can tell you this stew is good!
- 2 bunch
- luau leaves ( leaves from the taro plant)
- stems of the luau leaves
- hawaiian salt or sea salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 1/2-3/4 c
- granulated chicken boullion
How to Make Luau Stew
- 5Add the seasoning.. I believe I added 1 tsp sea salt, the 1 TBSP minced garlic, and the chicken boullion granules.. stir it up and let it cook with the meat while we go to the next step.
- 7Then I get my cutting board and a sharp knife and take about 3-4 of the leaves and roll them up and cut into strips.