Low-Carb Stuffed Peppers
- 2 lb
- 97% lean ground sirloin or ground turkey
- 1 1/2-2 c
- cut zucchini
- 1 c
- shredded carrots
- 1 lb
- fresh spinach
- 1 jar(s)
- sliced mushrooms drained
- 1 can(s)
- petite diced tomatoes drained
- 1 medium
- 2-3 clove
- minced garlic
- 6 large
- bell peppers
- 1-2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- onion powder
- 1/4-1 c
- shredded mozzarella (to taste if desired)
- 1/4-3/4 c
- freshly shredded parmesan (to taste if desired)
How to Make Low-Carb Stuffed Peppers
- 1Pre-heat oven 350. Cut tops off of the bell peppers reserve for filling remove seeds and invert in a baking dish, cover in foil and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- 2Brown your meat, and finely dice remaining bell pepper pieces and onions while meat is cooking. Add bell peppers, onions and garlic while meat finishes browning.
- 3Once your mixture is completely brown add shredded carrots, mushrooms and tomatoes. Stir and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- 4Add zucchini, and spinach and simmer until tender.
- 5Add 1/4 cup each of parmesan and mozzarella cheese and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Turn inverted peppers over and fill with meat mixture. cover with mozzarella cheese as desired. Bake in oven until cheese is melted and golden.
- 7You may also serve the meat mixture over rice. I make four or 6 peppers depending on how many, there is always mixture left over. I don't really care for the large peppers so I serve the meat mixture over rice (not low carb).
- 8Serve peppers use remaining parmesan cheese as desired.