Low Carb Inside Out Stuffed Peppers
I tried it out and darned if I don't think it is absolutely delicious so I decided to post it!! Perhaps you will like it too.
And those are ACTUAL PHOTOGRAPHS, too!! LOL!
1 lbbag of cole slaw (with a little carrot)
2 cfrozen green italian broad beans (any green beans will do)
2extra large green bell peppers, chopped (can use more if you like)
1 lbfrozen italian flavored meat balls
1 can(s)15 oz tomato sauce
1/4 cred cooking wine (holland house brand)
1/2 largeonion, chopped
1 tspgranulated garlic
How to Make Low Carb Inside Out Stuffed Peppers
- Dump cole slaw into 6 qt. slow cooker
- Layer on the frozen green beans, then the chopped bell peppers. (If you really want more of the green pepper taste, add 1 or 2 more green peppers, chopped. I wanted to put in one more but was running out of room in the pot. Perhaps 3/4 of a bag of cole slaw would have been better and then add additional green pepper -- but it really was delicious as it was.)
- Layer on the frozen meat balls and chopped onion then sprinkle the salt and garlic powder over top of everything
- Mix the red wine and the tomato sauce in a bowl and drizzle over everything, trying to touch all the meat balls.
- Cut up the 1/2 stick of butter into individual pats and dot the whole pan with them.
- Put the lid on and turn the timer to high for 4 hours. (Can probably also cook for about 8 hours on low if you like)
- After mine had been cooking for about an hour, I stirred everything to mix up the layers and really get the flavors to permeate all the ingredients. If you are doing an all day, away from home, slow cook, then you don't really have to stir it. OR you can simply stir it once before you leave for work. It should be fine.