Liver with Apple and Onion
This recipe is simple and very tasty.
The liver is tender and the hint of apple flavor ,makes this recipe a little different than others you have eaten. Give it a try and you will see what I mean!
This recipe has a little tweaking by me- tweak as you like, too!
- 1 lb
- tender beef liver (may use chicken or calf's liver, if desired)
- 1 medium
- yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium
- fuji apple, peeled and cut in small bite size pieces
- 8 slice
- maple flavored bacon
- onion and garlic pepper seasoning to taste
How to Make Liver with Apple and Onion
- 4Slice the liver into thin slices or pieces.Sprinkle with onion and garlic pepper. Add to the skillet and quickly stir fry on medium-high heat.
Remove from heat. Return the onions, apples and bacon pieces to the skillet. Toss to combine.
Pour into serving dish .Serve with a tossed salad, and hot butter crumb noodles or mashed potatoes.
Chopped celery, mushrooms and/or bell peppers may be sautéed with the onions if desired; and make a brown gravy with the residue left in the skillet.