Lima Bean and Meatball Casserole
You've got to try this, even if you've never met a lima bean you liked :) And you will not believe something this easy is SO GOOD!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4servings frozen meatballs
16 oz pkgfrozen baby lima beans
1 tspbeef bouillon
·salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tspgranulated garlic, or garlic powder
1/2 ptsour cream
·paprika for garnish, optional
How to Make Lima Bean and Meatball Casserole
- Prepare 1 1/2 qt casserole dish with food release spray.
Refer to the package for the number of meatballs per serving, which varies depending on the size of the meatballs.
Place frozen meatballs in the dish. If you prefer to make your own meatballs, I'll give the instructions in a note at the end.
- Put baby lima beans in a small saucepan with the bouillon, and cook according to package instructions. Drain and stir in butter, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover the meatballs with the lima beans.
Bake, covered, about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven, dot the sour cream over the top and spread to cover. (I like to mix more garlic, salt, and pepper into the sour cream first).
Sprinkle a little paprika over the top.
Return to the oven and bake another 5-10 minutes.
- Make your own meatballs option:
1 1/2 lbs. lean Ground Beef
2 slices Bread, torn into pieces
1/4 cup Milk
Soak the bread in the milk. Squeeze out excess milk. Mix the bread with the ground beef, egg, salt and pepper. Roll into walnut-size balls and fry or bake until cooked through. Proceed with steps 2-4.
- NOTE: This dish could be kicked-up for "date night" by simply baking individual servings in souffle dishes. You'll probably want to shorten the baking time by a few minutes if prepared this way.