★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- very lean ground beef or ground turkey breast
- small yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 pt
- button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 8 oz
- container non fat sour cream
- 1 Tbsp
- unbleached white flour, all purpose
- 2 Tbsp
- beef bouillon granules, low sodium
- 1/2 pkg
- egg noodles, no-yolk variety
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, light
How to Make Lighter Quicker Beef Stroganoff
- 1Put the water on to boil for the egg noodles and boil them according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a non stick (or cooking spray spritzed) pan add sliced mushrooms and onions and the olive oil. Cook 2 minutes or until soft and onions are translucent.
- 2Add meat to the pan, breaking it up. Season with a little sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Cook until no longer pink.
- 3While meat is browning, stir the tablespoon of flour and 1 tablespoon of bouillon into the sour cream. Mix thoroughly. You may prefer to use the second tablespoon (we do) but you may omit it also. When meat is done, stir the sour cream mixture into the pan, mixing completely and heating through. The color will change slightly as it cooks from white to a rich brown cream color.
- 4Remove pan from heat. Divide noodles equally into 4 portions. Top noodles with 4 equal portions of stroganoff mixture. Serve hot with a green salad dressed with lemon juice and olive oil and a tall glass of water.