Leftover-Steak Steak Fajitas
·leftover grilled steak, sliced thin
1-2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1 smallonion, sliced
1 smallgreen bell pepper, sliced
1 smallred bell pepper, sliced
1/2 Tbspgarlic powder
1/2 tspchili powder
1/2 tspblack pepper
1/4 cwater or beef broth
dash(es)sriracha or other hot sauce
How to Make Leftover-Steak Steak Fajitas
- I used some pre-fajita-cut veggies, but if you're using the ones as listed here, put them all in a small- to medium-size bowl.
- I took the leftover grilled steak, moistened it with a little water, covered with a paper towel on a glass plate & microwaved it about 90 seconds.
- After removing from the microwave, let it cool and slice it at a diagonal angle real thin., toss it into a hot skillet with about 1-2 T olive oil & sautée for maybe a minute.
- Add the sliced veggies to the skillet & sautée for another minute.
- Sprinkle the meat & veggies mixture with some black pepper, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, and a splash of that tomato-free hot chili sauce I can't live without (but also can't spell worth a darn)..Sriracha, I think.
- Stir it all together, then add about 1/4 cup of water (or beef broth), cover, & let it simmer real low & slow until the steak is tender.
- Warm flour tortillas in microwave. Spoon the fajita mixture down the center of the tortilla. Add whatever other toppings you like -- salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, guacamole, etc -- fold, and Muy delicioso! (I'm eating mine with a dollop of sour cream 'cuz I forgot the bowl that had my other toppings, but you can also throw it on top of some shredded lettuce for a great salad if you're cutting back on carbs...)