- 1 - 1/4 c
- chicken stock
- 3/4 c
- flour for dredging and thickening
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil
- 2 lb
- beef round steak
- 1/2 c
- white onion, chopped
- green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c
- celery, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- crushed tomatoes (14 oz)
How to Make Swiss Steak
- 1Cut steak into individual portion sized pieces (about palm size)
- 2In a small bowl or cup whisk together chicken stock and 2 - 1/2 Tbsp. of flour and set aside
- 3Salt and pepper each piece of meat on both sides, then dredge in flour
- 4Brown meat in hot oil, a few pieces at a time. Use just enough oil to brown well. (2 Tbsp)
- 5Remove meat from skillet.
- 6Add chicken stock and flour mixture to pan drippings, stir well, scraping sides of the pan
- 7Remove from heat and scrape rue from pan into crock pot
- 8Add tomatoes and chopped vegetables to crock pot and stir.
- 9Addd browned meat making sure to push meat down into the sauce.
- 10Cook on low for 4 hours. Serve with sauce spooned over top.