Kansas City BBQ Beef Sandwiches
I added garlic and onions to the recipe and figured out a substitute for Coke.
3.5 - 4 lbboneless chuck roast
1 1/2 cketchup
2 Tbspprepared mustard, any style
2 Tbspliquid smoke, hickory flavored
1 tsptabasco sauce
1 largeclove garlic, minced
1/4 cminced onion
10 ozcoca cola
How to Make Kansas City BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- Rub the roast with the sugar and put it in a roasting pan with a lid (Enameled cast iron like works great for this). Pour 1/3 cup water over the roast, cover it and roast about 5 hours at 250? until the roast is soft, tender and shreds easily.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring it to a simmer over medium heat and then simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- When the roast is done, remove it from the pan. Use two forks to pull apart the roast into shreds. Remove as much fat as possible.
- Pour the finished sauce over the meat and stir.
- If you don't have Coke, you can substitute 1 cup red wine vinegar and 2 tablespoons molasses.