Judy's Stuffed Peppers
- 2 c
- cooked, white or brown rice
- 1 1/2 lb
- lean ground round or ground turkey
- 1 medium
- onion, finely chopped
- good size green peppers, washed; finely chop the tops to add to the meat mixture
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- salt; add more if you like things salty
- 1/2 tsp
- ground black pepper, or less to taste
- 2 tsp
- dried oregano
- 2 can(s)
- tomato soup mixed with water or milk to a gravy consistency
How to Make Judy's Stuffed Peppers
- 1Cook the rice and set aside.
- 2Cut off the tops of the green peppers and clean out the insides, removing all membranes and seeds.
- 3Combine all ingredients, except tomato soup, in large
mixing bowl. I use my hands so that everything is well combined.
- 4Stuff the mixture into each cleaned out pepper. If you have any left over, you can make meatballs with it.
- 5Pour tomato soup mixture over all the peppers and cover with lid or foil.
- 6Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 1&1/2 hours. Test the bottom of the peppers (the thick part) to be sure they're tender. Let stand about 10 mins before serving.