Judy's Stuffed Peppers
2 ccooked, white or brown rice
1 1/2 lblean ground round or ground turkey
1 mediumonion, finely chopped
6good size green peppers, washed; finely chop the tops to add to the meat mixture
1 tspgarlic powder
1 1/2 tspsalt; add more if you like things salty
1/2 tspground black pepper, or less to taste
2 tspdried oregano
2 can(s)tomato soup mixed with water or milk to a gravy consistency
How to Make Judy's Stuffed Peppers
- Cook the rice and set aside.
- Cut off the tops of the green peppers and clean out the insides, removing all membranes and seeds.
- Combine all ingredients, except tomato soup, in large
mixing bowl. I use my hands so that everything is well combined.
- Stuff the mixture into each cleaned out pepper. If you have any left over, you can make meatballs with it.
- Pour tomato soup mixture over all the peppers and cover with lid or foil.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 1&1/2 hours. Test the bottom of the peppers (the thick part) to be sure they're tender. Let stand about 10 mins before serving.