1 lbground beef (or ground turkey to make it even healthier)
1(9 oz. bag) fresh baby spinach leaves (add more if you like)
1-2 Tbspolive oil
1small onion, diced
2 tspgarlic powder or adobo brand seasoning (more if you like garlic!)
1/4 tspblack pepper
2-3eggs (adjust to your liking)
·sliced mushrooms (optional)
How to Make Joe's Special
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add ground beef and cook, stirring, until browned and crumbly. Drain well in a colander.
- Add onion to the skillet and cook until tender but not browned.
- Stir in basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add spinach leaves, drizzle with olive oil, then add Adobo (garlic powder) and cook until spinach has reduced down. (Seems like a lot of spinach, but it cooks way down. If necessary, do it in batches)
- Add beef to spinach & onion mixture.
- Beat eggs, add to skillet and cook, stirring, until eggs are set.
- This makes a healthy main dish, or can be a side dish if serving more people.