1 1/2 lbground beef
1 mediumonion diced
3 csliced celery
3 csliced mushrooms
2 (16 oz. can(s)hot chili beans
1 (28oz.) can(s)whole stewed tomatoes
2 46(oz.) can(s)low sodium tomato juice
1 1/2 tspchili powder
1/2 tspsmoked paprika
1/4 tspground chipotle
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
How to Make JENNY'S CHILI
- In a large stockpot brown the ground beef, drain well. Add the onion and celery and cook over medium high for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, beans and stewed tomatoes with the juice from the can.
- Stir gently so you don't mash the beans.
- Add the tomato juice and the spices continuing to stir slowly, but thoroughly.
- Reduce heat cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.