Irish Corned Beef & Cabbage Dinner
Rose Mary Mogan
4 1/2 lbcorned beef brisket flat,
2 mediumonions, thickly sliced
2 clovegarlic, minced
2bay leaves, dried
6 mediumred skin potatoes,pared
6 mediumcarrots, peeled & pared
6 smallonions, pared
1 mediumhead cabbage, cut in wedges
IRISH CORNED BEEF & CABBAGE DINNER
How to Make Irish Corned Beef & Cabbage Dinner
- Place brisket in large dutch oven and barely cover with hot water;
- Add onions, garlic, cloves, & bay leaves.COVER AND SIMMER,DO NOT BOIL 1 hour per pound of meat, or until fork tender.
- Remove meat from liquid, add potatoes and carrots and cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add cabbage wedges and whole onions, and continue to cook for 20 additional minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- While meat is resting, slice with an electric knife, place back on top of veggies to reheat after veggies are done, and serve while still hot..