Home~Made Swiss Mushroom Burgers
- 1 - 2 lb
- ground chuck
- 1 - 2 pkg
- onion buns
- 3 can(s)
- sliced mushrooms
- 2 - 3 can(s)
- chicken gravy
- 2 slice
- onions, vidalia, peeled,sliced
- 1 pkg
- slice swiss cheese
- several dash(es)
- garlic powder with parsley
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- worcheshire sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 pkg
- sleeve ritz hi-ho crackers
How to Make Home~Made Swiss Mushroom Burgers
- 1In med. size bowl, put your meat.
Add Worcheshire sauce and garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- 2Crush 1/2 sleeve crackers and add to meat.
- 3over and let marinade 10 minutes, then turn bowl with air tight lid over and marinate 15 minutes.
- 4While meat is marintaing, slice the onion and set aside.
Open cans of mushrooms and drain. Pour into sm. bowl.
- 5We grill our burgers, though you can broil in oven. Remember the patties may shrink, so add plenty of crackers as a filler to maintain the size of patties.
- 6On a cookie pan covered with either wax paper or paper towel have ready to lay the patties onto.
Pull off some of the meat and roll into ball,when size desired, then smash with hands to shape patties. Lay onto covered pan till all patties are made.Broil or Grill till done to your perfection.
- 7In sause pan add mushrooms and can gravies. Let heat for at least 8 minutes or longer, depending on your stove. Pour back into bowl and carry it out by grill with a soup ladle.
- 8Open cheese slices and have ready to add to burgers, after gravy is added.
- 9Open the buns and smearing with a little butter on inside of tops, lay onto grill till you can smell the onions.
remove and fix your burger.
- 10Bun,patty,laddle of gravy, swiss cheese, sliced onion and top of bun.
- 11We use oval size bowls to lay these burgers in, because too much gravy can create a mess! Serve with chips and favorite soft drink or tea. The guys like theirs with Beer? Anyway, Eat and Enjoy~