- 4 medium
- yellow onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 large
- yellow or red mini bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- garlic olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- 4 tsp
- balsamic vinegar
- parmesan and garlic sub rolls, sliced length-wise
- 2 large
- avocados, peeled and sliced
- cheddar cheese, sliced
- left-over herbed-roast beef, thinly sliced
- mustard, spicy brown
- 2 pkg
- au jus gravy mix
How to Make Herbed-Roast Beef Sandwiches
- 1For carmelized onions - place butter and garlic olive oil in large skillet; heat until butter is melted. Add balsamic vinegar.
- 2Cook onions and peppers in butter mixture until onions are brown. While onions are cooking, make your au jus gravy mix.
- 3For each sandwich - butter each half of sub roll and place under the broiler until brown. Remove from oven and place cheese on one half of sub roll. Melt cheese under broiler.
- 4Spread mustard on half of sub roll that does not have the cheese. Then place roast beef over mustard, then avocado, then carmelized onions; cover with sub roll that has the melted cheese.
- 5Serve with seperate small bowls of au jus gravy.