Hearty Wholesome chili
- 3 lb
- roast or steak, cubed
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- sweet onion
- 1 Tbsp
- mild chili powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- liquid smoke
- new mexico dried chile peppers
- guajillo dried chile pepeprs
- pasilla dried chile peppers
- 1 c
- liquid from rehydrating chile peppers
- 1/4 c
- masa harina (corn flour)
How to Make Hearty Wholesome chili
- 1Place beef, onion and garlic in large soup pot, add dry seasoning, and cover with water. With lid on simmer for about 2-3 hrs. until beef is tender. Taste and season with granulated garlic if needed and add salt to taste.
- 2Meanwhile tear dried Chile peppers and remove seeds. Place in small pot, cover with water and simmer for about 15 min, then let sit until ready to use.
When beef is tender, remove rehydrated chilies from liquid and puree, you will need to use a little of the liquid you steeped them in.
- 3Add pureed chilies to chili pot and stir in.
In a small pan warm 2 c of dried Chile pepper liquid and add ½ c of masa and mix till smooth, then spoon into chili pot and mix well. Simmer on low for about 20 min.