Hawaiian Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 1 can(s)
- corned beef
- 1 large
- 2 large
- sweet onion (vidalia, maui or whatever choice you have)
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced well
- shoyu (soy sauce) to taste
- serve over steamed rice
How to Make Hawaiian Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 1Cut the cabbage in half; remove the hard stem; cut again into quarters; finely shred the cabbage, although some pieces could be larger...it adds to the recipe to have some soft, and some slightly crispy.
- 2Heat your wok, or large, deep fry pan over medium high heat; Add the oil.
- 3As soon as the oil glistens, lightly saute the onions until just about till soft; add the garlic (Do not let it get too brown!) Reduce burner heat to medium.
- 4Add the corned beef as you take it with a fork out of the can; Stir to break up the pieces coming out of the can, and stir until it is getting soft, and slightly brown.
- 5At this point, you may need to add more oil to the wok or pan as all canned corned beef is not the same. You want some oil in the pan when you add the cabbage.
- 6Practice your stir fry skills and toss and stir the cabbage lightly and often for the first 3 minutes. You want to spread the corned beef, and onions into the cabbage.
- 7Cover for about 8 minutes; check to see if cabbage is getting soft and cover the pan again if it is still hard crisp, about another 3-4 minutes depending on the size of the cabbage and your wok & stove.
- 8When you see cabbage getting soft, stir again several times. You want to have a bit of crisp left to some of the cabbage, and some soft.
- 9Serve over steamed rice, with Shoyu (soy sauce), and enjoy.