My mom would make a fast easy meal that would feed the whole family for almost two days! And has become my favorite meal to make during the fall/winter months!
This Recipe makes a large enough batch that it will last you 2 days with a large family, if you have a smaller family, simply cut the recipe in half!
This dish is so warm,and full of love and goodness! Tastes great with table bread and butter! Hope this finds its way to your dinner table,Enjoy!
- 2 lb
- ground beef cooked
- beef bouillon, cubes
- 1 large
- green pepper diced
- 1 medium
- onion diced
- 2 c
- uncooked minute rice white or brown
- 2 c
- 4 can(s)
- diced hunts tomatoes and juice
- 2 can(s)
- tomato juice 5.5 oz (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove
- garlic minced
- 1 to 2 tsp
- chili powder (try one tsp first, if needs more add 1 more tsp)
- sour cream (optional)
How to Make Hash
- 2Stove top Directions for Rice :
BRING water to a boil. If desired, add tub margarine and salt to taste.
STIR in rice; cover. Remove from heat.
LET stand 5 MINUTES or until water is absorbed.
PLACE water and rice in microwave-safe bowl. If desired, add tub margarine and salt to taste.
Cover. MICROWAVE on HIGH according to chart below.
LET stand 5 MINUTES or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork.
- 4Serve with sour cream and or cheese if you like, we always served ours with loaf bread and butter :) Makes for great comfort food ! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!