How to Make Hamburger Steak
- 1Crush crackers in a large bowl, mix hamburger meat, egg, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste, and 1/2 pouch of brown gravy mix,thoroughly combine by hand.
- 2Form into small patties and drench in flour to cover.
- 3In a large skillet cook over medium heat until browned on both sides. Save drippings for gravy.
- 4Mix brown gravy mix according to directions (1 1/2 pouches) and pour into skillet. Bring to a boil, it will begin to thicken. Add patties back into the gravy and simmer for 30 minutes. Add enough water to keep the gravy at perfect consistency.
- 5Prepare noodles while simmering the meat. Drain and add butter to noodles to coat.
Serve meat and gravy on top of the noodles garnish with chopped chives.