HACKBRATEN MIT EI (Meatloaf with Egg)
Recipe & photo: www.essen-und-trinken.de
How to Make HACKBRATEN MIT EI (Meatloaf with Egg)
- 1In a medium saucepan, boil 3 eggs for 10 minutes, or until hard boiled. Rinse, peel, and set aside.
- 2In a small skillet, cook the shallots in butter for 2 or 3 minutes until soft. Set aside and cool.
- 3In a large bowl, mix together ground chuck, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, 1 raw egg, mustard, and shallots.
- 4Form meat mixture into two rectangles and lay out on waxed paper. Place the 3 hard boiled eggs in the center of one rectangle, lengthwise, end to end. Place other rectangle on top of eggs and meat. Form into a loaf, carefully sealing edges.
- 5Place meatloaf into a shallow baking dish that has been sprayed with vegetable spray. Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven on center rack for 45 minutes. Turn off oven and let the meatloaf sit for 10 more minutes.
- 6Cut into slices and serve with Dampkartoffeln (see my recipe).