Gyudon (Beef Bowl)
3/4 lbthinly sliced beef (flank steak or top sirloin)
2 Tbspsoy sauce
2 largeeggs, beaten
3 chot cooked rice
2green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
·pickled red ginger, for garnish
How to Make Gyudon (Beef Bowl)
- Cut the onion thin slices and cut the meat into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat and cook the onions until tender. Add the meat and sugar and cook until browned.
- Add sake, mirin, and soy sauce. Reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Slowly drizzle the beaten egg over the beef. Cook until the egg is done. Add the green onions right before removing from the heat.
- Divide hot cooked rice between two large bowls. Divide the beef and egg on top of rice and pour desired amount of sauce over rice. Top with pickled red