Gyudon (Beef Bowl)
- 1 small
- 3/4 lb
- thinly sliced beef (flank steak or top sirloin)
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- 4 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 2 large
- eggs, beaten
- 3 c
- hot cooked rice
- green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- pickled red ginger, for garnish
How to Make Gyudon (Beef Bowl)
- 1Cut the onion thin slices and cut the meat into small pieces.
- 2Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat and cook the onions until tender. Add the meat and sugar and cook until browned.
- 3Add sake, mirin, and soy sauce. Reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- 4Slowly drizzle the beaten egg over the beef. Cook until the egg is done. Add the green onions right before removing from the heat.
- 5Divide hot cooked rice between two large bowls. Divide the beef and egg on top of rice and pour desired amount of sauce over rice. Top with pickled red