1/3 ccooking oil
1 lbground beef
2 cchopped onion
1 can(s)tomatoes, cut up, 16 ounces
1/3 crice, uncooked
1.5 tspgarlic salt
How to Make Ground Beef/Eggplant Casserole
- Peel eggplant and cut in 1" slices.
- Lightly brown eggplant slices in hot oil in a large skillet.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add ground beef and onion to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until beef is browned.
- Add tomatoes, rice, garlic salt, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Place half of eggplant slices in greased 2-1/2 quart casserole.
- Top with half of beef mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake in 350 oven for 1 hour.