GRILLED STOVE TOP RIB EYE STEAK-BONE IN
Rose Mary Mogan
Most of the steaks that I cook, are not usually 1 3/4 pounds, nor do they cost me almost $9.00 for one, when they are on sale at $4.98 Lb. This was a great price for Bone in Saratoga (Rib Eye Steaks) I took advantage of the sale, & bought 6 for my daughter, & one really thick one for my husband.
After seeing how large it was, I realized that both of us could share it for dinner. I seasoned it with my favorite spices & let it marinate for about 2 hours before cooking it.
- 1 3/4 lb
- bone in rib eye steak
- 2 tsp
- garlic powder, onion powder
- 1 Tbsp
- steak seasoning (your choice)
- 2 Tbsp
- olive or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make GRILLED STOVE TOP RIB EYE STEAK-BONE IN
- 1PLEASE NOTE: NOT KNOWING HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE TO COOK A STEAK OF THIS SIZE & THICKNESS, I WAS GUESSING AS I WENT ALONG. I WANTED TO WRITE THE TIME DOWN FOR FUTURE REFRENCE. Neither my husband nor I like our steaks blood red, so I wanted it to be just a bit pink on the inside when I cooked it. OF COURSE IF YOUR STEAK IS MUCH THINNER AND SMALLER, YOU WILL NOT NEED THIS AMOUNT OF TIME, OR IF YOU WANT IT RARE, YOU WILL ALSO COOK IT MUCH LESS TIME.
- 2I blended these 3 spices together onion powder, garlic powder, and steak seasoning, then seasoned both sides with it. Then added a little extra garlic powder afterwards. Then wrapped it in the freezer paper it was packed in and let it marinate in the fridge for almost 2 hours.
- 3Remove steak from fridge, and allow steak to come to room temperature about 30 to 45 minutes before you are ready to cook it. PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES OR YOU MAY USE BROILER. I used the oven.
- 4Add oil & Butter to a large grill skillet, and allow to melt and get really hot, when oil comes to a sizzle. Then carefully lay steak in one direction in skillet and allow to cook about 6 minutes on it's side, then turn one quarter of a turn to get the DIAMOND SHAPED GRILL MARKS ON STEAK, AND CONTINUE TO COOK FOR ABOUT 6 ADDITIONAL MINUTES.