Grilled Steak and Veggies Tacos
- 1 1/2 lb
- flat iron steak
- 1 c
- salsa verde, prepared
- 1/4 c
- fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp
- cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 medium
- red onion, cut in 1/3
- tomatillos, fresh
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, light
- kosher salt
- fajita sized flour tortillas
- avocado, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 c
- queso fresco, crumbled
- lime, optional
- additional chopped cilantro, if desired
How to Make Grilled Steak and Veggies Tacos
- 1Combine salsa verde, lime juice and chopped cilantro in a large zip top bag. Add flat iron steak and seal. Marinate for 2 hours, turning bag once during marinating.
- 2Preheat grill, (I use gas), to medium high heat.
- 3Remove steak from marinate and place on grill. Cook 2-3 over medium high heat and reduce heat to medium and cook 6-8 minutes per side for medium to medium rare doneness. Remove from grill and allow to rest 15 minutes.
- 5Spread tortillas onto grill, turn after one minute, grill an additional minute, remove.
- 6Slice tomatillos into wedges. Slice steak thinly against the grain of the meat.