- 1 lb
- ground sirloin
- 1 small
- onion diced
- bell pepper, cored, seeded and grated
- egg white
- 1/2 tsp
- hot sauce
- 1/2 c
- fresh corn, cooked and cob removed
- 1 c
- garden fresh diced tomato
- 2 Tbsp
- cilantro, fresh chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lime juice
- whole wheat burger buns
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- each of: red, green and orange peppers (grilled)
How to Make Grilled Southwest Burger
- 1Coat grill with cooking spray; heat on high.
Mix sirloin, bell pepper, egg white, 1/2 teaspoon salt and hot sauce in a bowl. Form into four 4-inch
patties. Set aside.
Cook corn with 1 tablespoon water in microwave 30 seconds; mix with tomato, onion, cilantro, juice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in another bowl. This is your salsa.
Grill burgers 12 minutes, turning halfway through, until no longer red in the center. Place on buns and top with salsa. Serve with Grilled Tricolor Peppers.