Grandma Sokol's Stuffed Peppers
It was given to me by my grandma who is one of the greatest cooks I have ever known!
1 lbground beef (lean)
1/2 crice (cooked)
1 mediumonion (chopped)
6 slicebacon (chopped)
1 tspcelery seed
1 can(s)tomato soup
1 can(s)tomatoes (chopped), or equivalent fresh tomatoes
1 Tbspbrown sugar
How to Make Grandma Sokol's Stuffed Peppers
- Clean and core about 6 peppers. Cut off tops, about 1/2 inch down and chop the ring in small pieces.
- Fry bacon until brown and drain. Add onion, chopped pepper rings, ketchup, celery seed, salt and pepper. Simmer until onions and peppers are limp.
- Add to ground beef and rice and mix. Fill peppers 3/4 full and place in 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Combine tomato soup (mixed with 1 can of water) and tomatoes. Pour over filled peppers. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes covered loosely with foil. The last 15 minutes, remove foil and bake until top of peppers is lightly browned and carmelized.