"Good~Eat'n Beany Red
- bag pinto beans, rinsed and picked through.
- 1/2 lb
- hamburger or ground chuck
- chopped onion
- 1-2 can(s)
- tomato sauce or ketchup
- 2 qt
- water to cover
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- reserve hafe the onion for meat
How to Make "Good~Eat'n Beany Red
- 1Open pkg. pinto beans. pour onto counter and look carefully to make sure none of the beans are rotten or little rocks are mixed in with the beans.
Rinse off the beans for several minutes.I use a colander.
- 2Put on a soup pot or pan and fill with 2 qts. water. Do not add salt or pepper, while boiling. Cook on high heat.
Occassionaly stir so the beans doesnt sick and keep adding water to cover beans. You will want to add more water from time to time, until they are complettley cooked tender.
- 3Beans usally take 3 to 4 hours to cook tender, once they are tender, then turn the heat down to medium degrees. Keep beans in pot.
- 4While beans are cooking, you will get out a skillet and fry the meat. Add garlic powdwer, about a hafe cup of the onion, and a little salt & pepper.
- 5When the beans are finished cooking, turn the heat off. Next add the meat mixture and stir to mix through the beans.
- 6Bake you a pan of Corn Bread and fry you up some tatters with onion and have a good ole' Eat'n supper. Fresh onion and your favorite hot sauce and enjoy! Hummmmmmmmmmmm~