"Good~Eat'n Beany Red
1bag pinto beans, rinsed and picked through.
1/2 lbhamburger or ground chuck
1-2 can(s)tomato sauce or ketchup
2 qtwater to cover
·salt & pepper to taste
3 Tbspgarlic powder
·reserve hafe the onion for meat
How to Make "Good~Eat'n Beany Red
- Open pkg. pinto beans. pour onto counter and look carefully to make sure none of the beans are rotten or little rocks are mixed in with the beans.
Rinse off the beans for several minutes.I use a colander.
- Put on a soup pot or pan and fill with 2 qts. water. Do not add salt or pepper, while boiling. Cook on high heat.
Occassionaly stir so the beans doesnt sick and keep adding water to cover beans. You will want to add more water from time to time, until they are complettley cooked tender.
- Beans usally take 3 to 4 hours to cook tender, once they are tender, then turn the heat down to medium degrees. Keep beans in pot.
- While beans are cooking, you will get out a skillet and fry the meat. Add garlic powdwer, about a hafe cup of the onion, and a little salt & pepper.
- When the beans are finished cooking, turn the heat off. Next add the meat mixture and stir to mix through the beans.
- Bake you a pan of Corn Bread and fry you up some tatters with onion and have a good ole' Eat'n supper. Fresh onion and your favorite hot sauce and enjoy! Hummmmmmmmmmmm~