GNEE'S SOUTHWESTERN STUFFED PEPPERS
Jeannie Potter Hurocy
My husband isn't one to rave about anything...unless it is REALLY good. When I saw him take his first bite he looked up at me with an "I'm in love" look and it wasn't directed at me! When I asked him how it was he replied, "NUMMY!"
That is as good as something gets for him...and it was unbelievably AWESOME. As I took my last bite I told him, "Your wife is a good cook!"
- 1 lb
- ground beef (you could also use ground turkey)
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- 4 clove
- fresh garlic, grated or pressed
- 5 medium
- green peppers, 4 cut in half lengthwise and seeded and one seeded and diced
- chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, pureed
- 1/4 c
- fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 can(s)
- black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp
- ground cumin
- 1 pinch
- cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp
- chipotle chili powder
- 1 12 oz jar(s)
- medium salsa (i like pace)
- zest of one lime
- juice of one lime, halved
- 2 oz
- colby jack cheese, shredded
- 8 Tbsp
- light sour cream
How to Make GNEE'S SOUTHWESTERN STUFFED PEPPERS
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Brown ground beef and drain.
- 2In dutch oven over medium heat, season browned ground beef with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, chipotle chili powder, pureed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, garlic and cumin. Add diced onions, diced green pepper and chopped cilantro. Add black beans and 1/2 jar of salsa. Add lime zest and juice of half a lime.
- 3Heat mixture through until onions and green pepper soften.
- 4Pour other 1/2 jar of salsa in the bottom of a baking dish and place green pepper halves inside facing up in pan.
- 5Fill pepper halves with ground beef mixture, press firmly into pepper halves and let overflow surround peppers.
- 6Cover and bake at 400 F for 40 minutes.
- 7Top stuffed peppers with 1/4 oz colby jack cheese, 1 T of light sour cream per pepper half and freshly squeezed lime juice before serving.
- 8Fat per serving-27.16 g
Carbs per serving-42.86
Protein per serving-37.68
Calories per serving-550