German Rouladen (Braised beef rolls)
4 lbbeef skirt steak
1 mediumred onion
2 largered bell pepper
1 jar(s)dill pickle spears
1 jar(s)german mustard
·ground pepper (fresh)
1 lbbacon (medium sliced)
·spray olive oil
How to Make German Rouladen (Braised beef rolls)
- Either have your butcher do this or you can. Slice 4" wide and 1/16" thin at an angle. Set a side. Chill while doing the rest of the preparation.
- Slice your bell pepper in half length wise and then slice medium thick slices, and set a side.
- Cut onion in half length wise and then slice medium thick slices and set a side.
- Next take out enough dill pickle spears out and drain set them a side too.
- Taking one slice of meat at a time. Lightly sprinkle your sea salt and pepper on both sides. The on the side of your meat that you will roll everything up in, spread a thin layer of your mustard on each one.
- Then take each one and place a slice or two of bell pepper and onion slices also.
- Then add one well drained dill pickle to them.
- Roll each one tightly then wrap well with your bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- If using the broiler place on a well greased broiler pan. If grilling place on grill as to not fall through.
- Braise on each side approx 3 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
- You can make these ahead of time the day before and chill over night makes them better to handle and saves time for you.