Garlic Crouton Crusted Roast Beef
- 3 lb
- beef chuck eye, rolled cross rib or prime rib roast
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 3 clove
- garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 1/2 c
- bread crumbs or cubes
- 1/4 c
- parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
How to Make Garlic Crouton Crusted Roast Beef
- 1Wipe roast and place on roasting rack. Heat oil in skillet. Add garlic. Sauté 2 minutes pressing juice from garlic into oil.
- 2Mix in bread crumbs, parsley, salt and black pepper.
- 3Press mixture onto roast, coating well. Insert roast thermometer in thickest portion of muscle.
- 4Roast at 325 degrees F until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F for rare (18 to 20 minutes per pound) or 160 degrees F for medium (20 to 22 minutes per pound) or 170 degrees F for well done (22 to 24 minutes per pound).
- 5Remove from oven; allow to stand 15 to 20 minutes before carving.