Garlic Crouton Crusted Roast Beef
3 lbbeef chuck eye, rolled cross rib or prime rib roast
1/4 colive oil
3 clovegarlic, peeled and crushed
1 1/2 cbread crumbs or cubes
1/4 cparsley, chopped
1/2 tspblack pepper
How to Make Garlic Crouton Crusted Roast Beef
- Wipe roast and place on roasting rack. Heat oil in skillet. Add garlic. Sauté 2 minutes pressing juice from garlic into oil.
- Mix in bread crumbs, parsley, salt and black pepper.
- Press mixture onto roast, coating well. Insert roast thermometer in thickest portion of muscle.
- Roast at 325 degrees F until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F for rare (18 to 20 minutes per pound) or 160 degrees F for medium (20 to 22 minutes per pound) or 170 degrees F for well done (22 to 24 minutes per pound).
- Remove from oven; allow to stand 15 to 20 minutes before carving.