★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 can(s)
- old el paso refried beans
- 2 c
- 2 medium
- 2 c
- shredded cheese
- 1 can(s)
- old el paso mild enchalada sauce
- 1 pkg
- flour burrito shells
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Fresh Beef & Bean Burritos
- 1Brown ground beef in skillet and drain fat.
- 2Mix entire can of enchalada sauce in cooked ground beef and simmer on low for 5-10 mins.
- 3Place butter in skillet along with refried beans and mash together butter and beans and mashing any leftover whole beans.
- 4Cook on medium until bubbling.
- 5Dice tomatoes and place in bowl.
- 6Chop lettuce and place in bowl.
- 7Combine milk and mayonaise in a jar and shake until well mixed. It should be a smooth thick sauce that is able to be poured but not too thick. If it needs to be thinner, add more milk. If it is too thin, add a bit more mayonaise.
- 8When meat and beans are done and all other ingredients are chopped and ready, place one burrito shell on a plate and put in the microwave oven for 20 seconds. When adding ingredients to the burrito shell, just choose as much as you would like. Do not add total amounts of ingredients to one burrito shell as this is for multiple burritos.
- 9Remove burrito shell from microwave and place a line of the refried beans in the middle of the shell.
- 10Add some shredded cheese to the line of beans. Then place beef mixture on top of the cheese. Next, add some of the mayo sauce on the line of bean and beef mixture. Next, add lettuce and tomatoes to taste.
Fold the burrito over and roll it to form the burrito.
Repeat until all beef and beans are gone.
Makes about 6-8 burritos.