French Onion Portobello Brisket (Slow Cooker)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- fresh beef brisket (4 pounds)
- 1 3/4 c
- sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small
- red onion, sliced
- garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 can(s)
- (10-1/2 ounces) condensed french onion soup
- 1/4 c
- dry white wine or beef broth
- 1/2 tsp
- coarsely ground pepper
- fresh sage, optional
How to Make French Onion Portobello Brisket (Slow Cooker)
- 1Cut brisket in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- 2In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter for 3-5 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender. Add the soup, wine and pepper; mix well.
- 3Pour mushroom mixture over beef. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Garnish with sage if desired.