How to Make FLANK STEAK W/SAUTEED BOK CHOY (SALLYE)
- 1Cook rice according to package directions and set aside.
- 2In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the jelly, vinegar and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- 3Generously rub salt and pepper into steak on both sides and place on foil lined baking or broiler sheet.
Baste the steak with the jelly mixture.
- 4Turn broiler on to heat.
When hot, place the sheet with steak about 4-6 inches from the broiler.
Broil for about 2-3 minutes, then turn over and baste with the remaining jelly mixture.
Broil the other side about 2 or 3 minutes.
!! DON"T over cook or it will be tough. !!
Remove from oven and set aside to rest.
- 5Heat the canola oil on medium high heat in a heavy skillet until slightly smoking. Add the bok choy seasoned with salt and pepper and cook until tender. (3-4 minutes)
Stir occasionally to prevent burning
- 6Fluff up rice and place a serving on each plate
Slice the steak diagonally and add to top of rice.
Add the sautéed bok choy to the top of the steak
Drizzle HOMEMADE TERIYAKI SAUCE (SALLYE) lightly over the dish (optional)