Fiesta Stuffed Peppers made in the Slow Cooker
Included is suggestions to tame it down a little if you don't like really spicy food.
I had a crew of men in my kitchen this AM so I just took pict of the finished pepper and not the steps.
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1/3 c
- long grain rice, uncooked
- 1/2 small
- onion, chopped
- 10 oz
- can rotel with habeneros or just rotel, or eliminate all together if you don't like spicy
- 4 1/2 oz
- can green chilis
- 1/2 tsp
- each salt and pepper
- 1 to 2 tsp
- chili powder
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 large
- bell peppers, we like green, but any color is nice
- 15 oz
- can tomato sauce
- 4 to 8 slice
- 1 ounce slices or more, chipolte cheese, any flavor. monteray jack would be a nice option and not so spicy
How to Make Fiesta Stuffed Peppers made in the Slow Cooker
- 1In a bowl combine the first 10 ingredients using half the rotel and reserving the other half.
- 2If your peppers don't want to stand up, take a sharp knife and shave a little off the bottom. If you oops cut off too much and have a hole, don't fret. Take one of the pieces that you cut off and use it to close up the hole.
- 3Fill each pepper with desired amount of filling.
- 4Mix the reserved rotel and tomato sauce and pour over the filled peppers. This will make the tastiest sauce.
- 5Turn on slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours.
- 6A few minutes before eating, put a slice of cheese or two on each pepper and allow to melt.