Fiesta Stuffed Peppers made in the Slow Cooker
Included is suggestions to tame it down a little if you don't like really spicy food.
I had a crew of men in my kitchen this AM so I just took pict of the finished pepper and not the steps.
1 lbground beef
1/3 clong grain rice, uncooked
1/2 smallonion, chopped
10 ozcan rotel with habeneros or just rotel, or eliminate all together if you don't like spicy
4 1/2 ozcan green chilis
1/2 tspeach salt and pepper
1 to 2 tspchili powder
1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
4 largebell peppers, we like green, but any color is nice
15 ozcan tomato sauce
4 to 8 slice1 ounce slices or more, chipolte cheese, any flavor. monteray jack would be a nice option and not so spicy
How to Make Fiesta Stuffed Peppers made in the Slow Cooker
- In a bowl combine the first 10 ingredients using half the rotel and reserving the other half.
- If your peppers don't want to stand up, take a sharp knife and shave a little off the bottom. If you oops cut off too much and have a hole, don't fret. Take one of the pieces that you cut off and use it to close up the hole.
- Fill each pepper with desired amount of filling.
- Mix the reserved rotel and tomato sauce and pour over the filled peppers. This will make the tastiest sauce.
- Turn on slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours.
- A few minutes before eating, put a slice of cheese or two on each pepper and allow to melt.