Favorite Red Chili
- 2 lb
- extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium
- 4 can(s)
- pinto beans
- 2 large
- cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 can(s)
- tomato sauce
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- red chili powder
- 2 clove
- fresh garlic, minced
- 3 can(s)
- favorite canned chili (optional)
- grated cheddar cheese or mexican mix cheese
How to Make Favorite Red Chili
- 1Start this chili early enough to have time to heat the chili on low to blend the flavors well.
Brown ground beef, onion and minced cloves of garlic together. Brown meat well.
Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and salt and papper and red chili pepper. Stir well.
Add beans. Mix in.
- 2Add 2 medium cans of your favorite canned chili if you like, which I did for more flavor to the chili.
NOTE: I would recommend you taste before adding the canned chili, and again after adding the chili to check for flavor, but also for hotness. Some like hot chili, some like medium. When I'm serviing folks for the first time that I'm not sure their taste, I make sure I go for the medium.
I would also suggest to start off by adding (one) l Tablespoon of the red chili powder to make sure of the hotness.
- 3Serve with favorite crackers and Fritos. Have some grated cheese to sprinkle on top of chili for those who like cheese with their chili.
This is great for a crowd and for kids who love chili dogs or Frito pie.